Where the royal couple will be today
24 October, 2018, 7:00 am
7.50am – Morning Tea to showcase women’s organisation’s at Gordon House, residence of the British High Commission
* HRH Duchess of Sussex arrives at Gordon House and is received by the British High Commissioner to Fiji, Melanie Hopkins
* HRH the Duchess of Sussex will meet guests who play a pivotal role in women’s empowerment and development ranging from representatives of rural women’s groups, service women, women in science, conservation, engineering and enterprise.
8.15am – Wreath laying ceremony
* The Duke of Sussex will be received by the Permanent Secretary Defence and National Security, Osea Cawaru
* Mr Cawaru will introduce the Duke of Sussex to veterans of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces and the RFMF
* The Duke of Sussex will depart for the Grand Pacific Hotel
9.40am – Visit to the University of the South Pacific
* The Duke and Duchess of Sussex depart Grand Pacific Hotel for USP Laucala Main Campus, specifically the Information Communications and Technology Centre.
*The Duke and Duchess arrive and are received by the ProChancellor, Ambassador Winston Thompson, Vice-Chancellor Professor Rajesh Chandra, Queen’s Young Leader Elisha Bano and Commonwealth Youth Award winner Elvis Kumar and are escorted into the ICT Centre.
*The Duke and Duchess meet with students of USP
11.10 – Visit to Colo-i-Suva Park
*The Duke and Duchess arrives at Colo-i-Suva Forest Park and is received by the Permanent Secretary for Forests Bernadette Welch, Conservator of Forests Sanjana Lal and Fiji’s High Commissioner to UK Jitoko Tikolevu
*The Duke and Duchess meets with representatives of the local communities, Tacirua and Tamavua Primary Schools, scientists and sustainable tourism businesses.
*The Duke unveils a plaque dedicating Colo-i-Suva Forest Park as part of the Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy.
*The Duke departs Colo-i-Suva Forest Park
*Duchess of Sussex arrives at the Suva Municipal Market and is received by various officials.
*The Duchess meets beneficiaries of the UN Women’s Markets for Change project.
*The Duchess departs the Suva Municipal Market.