What’s happening today!
17 August, 2022, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here’s some quick basic information that could come in handy when making some decisions on what to do today.
As usual, here is our quick look at the weather forecast for today to until midnight tonight:
- Strong wind warning remains in force for land areas of eastern and southern Viti Levu – (Ra-Rakiraki-Tailevu-Rewa-Nasinu-Suva-Lami-Navua to Natadola), Yasawa and Mamanuca groups, Lau and Lomaiviti groups, Kadavu and nearby smaller islands, Taveuni and nearby smaller islands, southern Bua and Cakaudrove
- High-pressure system to the far south of the Fiji group continues to generate and direct fresh to strong southeast winds over Fiji
- Expect strong southeast winds with wind speeds up to 45km/hr
- Moderate to fresh southeast winds, gusty at times
- Rough top very rough seas
- Black Tiger Security Self Defense Training, YMCA Hall – 6pm-7pm
Planned power shutdown
- Pacific Harbour, Deuba – 9.30am-5pm
- Taveuni – 7.30am-5pm
- Qauia St, Lami – 8.30am-4.30pm
- Labasa – 8.30am-4.30pm
- Savusavu – 8.30am-4.30pm
- Naisole, Naitasiri – 8.30am-6pm
- Part of Saru Back Rd, Lautoka – 6am-6pm
- Part of Tavakubu Rd, Lautoka – 6am-7am; and 5pm-6pm
Here are some movies showing at Life Cinemas.
Laal Singh Chaddha: Nadi – 1.40pm, 5.10pm, 8.20pm / Nakasi – 1.40pm, 5.10pm / Lautoka – 1.40pm, 8.15pm
Raksha Bandhan: Nadi – 11am, 2.05pm, 5.40pm, 8.40pm / Nakasi – 11am, 5.50pm, 8.40pm / Lautoka – 11am, 5.40pm, 8.30pm / Labasa – 11am, 2.10pm, 5.35pm, 8.30pm
Bullet train: Nadi – 11.20am, 8.40pm / Nakasi – 3pm, 8.30pm / Lautoka – 12pm / Labasa – 11.30am, 5.50pm