What’s happening today!
27 January, 2022, 6:10 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
Cloudy periods with some showers and isolated thunderstorms over eastern-interior Viti Levu, eastern Viti Levu, northeastern and southern Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Qamea, Cikobia and Qelelevu, and Lomaiviti group.
Fine apart from afternoon or evening showers and isolated thunderstorms elsewhere. Isolated heavy falls likely especially in the afternoon or evening.
Localised heavy falls may lead to flash flooding of low lying areas. Moderate east to northeast winds. Moderate seas.
Outlook for Friday : Occasional showers and few thunderstorms over the northern and eastern division and the eastern-interior and eastern parts of Viti Levu and Kadavu.
Elsewhere, cloudy with showers especially in the afternoon or evening showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Planned power shutdown
- Labasa – 8.30am-4.30pm
- Vio Road, Lautoka 8am-5pm
- Nakasi 8am-5pm
- Koronivia Road, Nakasi 8am-5pm
- Wainibuku, Nakasi 8am-5pm
- Votualevu, Nadi 8.30am-4.30pm
- Varavu, Ba 9am-4.30pm
- Qalela, Tavua 9am-4.30pm
Here are some movie suggestions available on Netflix:
- 365 Days
- The Stronghold
- The Witcher
- After life
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.