What’s happening today!
20 January, 2022, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
Cloudy periods with some showers over the eastern-interior and eastern parts of Viti Levu, northeastern and southern parts of Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Qamea, Lau and Lomaiviti group. Cloudy periods with afternoon or evening showers elsewhere.
Isolated thunderstorms with heavy falls expected over most places in the afternoon or evening. Localised heavy falls may lead to flash flooding of low lying areas. Moderate east to southeasterly winds. Moderate seas.
Outlook for Friday : Cloudy periods with some showers and isolated thunderstorms over the eastern-interior and eastern parts of Viti Levu, northeastern and southern parts of Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Qamea, Lau and Lomaiviti group.
Afternoon or evening showers and isolated thunderstorms elsewhere. Isolated heavy falls in thunderstorms expected over most places in the afternoon or evening.
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Narere 8.30am-5pm
- Labasa 8.30am-4pm
- Dakuinuku Village 8am-5pm
- Navua 8am-6pm
- Freeston Road, Walubay, Suva 5pm-11pm
Some entertainment suggestions for trending movies on Netflix:
- The Longest Yard. …
- Dark Shadows. …
- The Town. …
- Rise of the Guardians. …
- Just Go with It.
- Sex Education.
- Stranger Things.
- Emily in Paris.
- Lost in Space.
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.