What’s happening today!
4 December, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
- Cloudy periods with some showers over the eastern parts and interior of the larger islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Kadavu and Taveuni), Lau and Lomaiviti group.
- Fine with isolated afternoon or evening showers elsewhere.
- Isolated thunderstorms possible.
- Moderate east to southeast winds, fresh at times.
- Moderate to rough seas.
- Outlook for Sunday : Cloudy with few showers and isolated thunderstorms over Vanua Levu, eastern parts and interior of the other larger islands, Lau and Lomaiviti group.
- Cloudy periods with isolated afternoon and evening showers and isolated thunderstorms expected elsewhere.
General Information – Events
- AWEsome Fiji Holiday Fare 2021 at Thurston Gardens at 9am
- Suva Kids Hapkido Martial Arts Training at YMCA Gym at 1pm
- Movember Walk For Charity And Shave Off at My Suva Park at 6.30am
- SVA Annual General Meeting at Fiji Sports Council Multi Purpose Court at 11am
- RUGBY CLINIC at Faith Harvest Church, Nausori at 11am
- Soli Soli Soli (In aid of St Marks Annual Share) at Khalsa Road, New Town, Nasinu at 9am
- Pacific Harbour 10km and Half Marathon at The Establishment at 5.45am
- Rewa Rugby Union 10s at Burebasaga District School at 8am
- Beachcomber Tings at Beachcomber Island Fiji at 8am
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Colo i Suva – 9am to 12pm
Editor’s movie pick:
- A Boy Called Christmas – 12.15pm, 5.50pm at Life Cinema Lautoka; 8.50pm at Life Cinema Nadi; 8.50pm at Life Cinema Nakasi; 12.15pm at Life Cinema Labasa
- Encanto: Damodar Cinemas –11.50am, 2.50pm, 6pm
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.