What’s happening today!
3 December, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
Cloudy periods with some showers over the eastern parts and interior of the larger islands [Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Kadavu and Taveuni].
Fine with isolated afternoon or evening showers elsewhere. Isolated thunderstorms possible. Moderate east to southeast winds, fresh at times. Moderate to rough seas.
Outlook for Saturday : Cloudy periods with few showers over the eastern parts and interior of the larger islands.
Isolated afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms expected elsewhere.
General Information – Events
- Fire Dance- Royal Suva Yacht Club – 5pm
- Warwick Fiji Christmas Tree lighting- 6pm
Editor’s movie pick:
- Bunty aur Bubli 2 – 11am at Life Cinema Nadi; 11.10am at Life Cinema Nakasi
Encanto- 6.30pm Damodar City
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.