What’s happening today!
22 October, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
- Cloudy periods with brief showers over the eastern parts and interior of the larger islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Kadavu), Lau and Lomaiviti group.
- Elsewhere, fine apart from isolated afternoon showers and possible isolated thunderstorms.
- Moderate to fresh easterly winds.
- Moderate to rough seas.
- Outlook for Saturday: Partly cloudy with few showers over the eastern parts and interior of Viti Levu and Vanua Levu.
- Fine apart from afternoon or evening showers and isolated thunderstorms elsewhere.
COVID-19 daily press briefing
- The Permanent Secretary of Health and Medical Services will issue an updated statement every night – this can be accessed via the Fijian Government FB page.
- Stay alert and monitor radio announcements and check the Government’s Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
- Fiji Made Products Live by Fiji Made Products at 9am
- The Power to Transform: Gender Equality in Asia and the Pacific by Gender Equality in Asia and the Pacific ADB at 6pm
- Lautoka Mixed Martial Arts Training by by Western MMA & Fitness Center, Tiger Self Defense and Tiger Self Defense International at 5pm
- Sharad Purnima Utsav by Fiji Sevashram Sangha at 6.30pm
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Mokosoi Street – 9am to 2pm
- Part of Nasau Road, Rakiraki – 8am to 5pm
- Vuninokonoko, Navua – 8am to 6pm
- Nakasi – 8am to 5pm
Editor’s movie pick:
- Dune – 5.20pm at Life Cinema Lautoka; 6.30pm at Life Cinema Nadi; 11.20am, 6.40pm at Life Cinema Nakasi; 12pm, 5.25pm at Life Cinema Labasa
- Halloween Kills – Darmodar Cinemas – 1.40pm
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.