Weather watch: Flash flooding at Toga Road
18 October, 2018, 4:45 pm
TOGA Rd in Nausori is closed to all traffic due to flash flooding, the Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) has confirmed.
A strong flow of flood waters from the Rewa River bursting its bank onto the entrance of Toga Rd, off Kings Rd, has restricted movement for people in the three villages in Toga.
A team of Police and firemen were sighted transporting members of the public by boat from the Koronivia Road-side of the river, adjacent to Muana Village.
The Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) has advised motorists not to drive into water of unknown depth and current because it can be life-threatening.
“Members of the public are advised to take extra caution, avoid places of known historical flooding or low-lying areas,” the authority stated.
New Road Closure Update for the Central Division:
– Sawani Sera Road – Waidracia Crossing flooded – Closed to all traffic.
– Nataveya Road – Gusuitavaki Crossing Flooded – Closed to all traffic.
– Lutu/Vuisiga Road – Wainavida Crossing Flooded – Closed to all traffic.
– Sawani Serea Road – Before Nasavu Village Road – Half Road closed.
– Savu Road – Flooded – Is now Closed to all traffic.
Roads that are now open to traffic in the Central Division:
– Beqa Road – Tubarua Crossing – Water has receded.
– Vunaniu Road – Vunaniu Crossing – Water has receded.
– Sote Road – Sote Bridge – Water has receded.
– Nukurua Road – Nabuni Culvert – Water has receded.
– Deepwater Road – Water has receded.
The FRA is closely monitoring the situation of the roads in all divisions.
Those who have further queries are advised to contact the FRA on their toll free number 5720 or send an email to email@example.com