Vunivalu to play third grand final
25 September, 2018, 4:00 am
AT just 22 years of age, Fiji Bati wing Suliasi Vunivalu has already made a decorative name in the sport of rugby league.
The Bua flyer will be playing in his third NRL grand final this weekend after making his debut for Melbourne Storrn in 2016.
In fact, he has played in two grand finals already.
He was part of the squad when Melbourne Storm lost to Cronulla Sharks in the 2016 final and then beat Queensland Cowboys in last year’s final.
He made a record number of tries in his debut season and then scooped the top try scorer award a season later.
The former Lelean Memorial School student will be hoping for his second NRL title when his team plays the Sydney Rooster in the final on Sunday.
The final kicks off at 9.20pm on Sunday.
· 2016: NRL – Most tries in a debut season (23)
· 2016: Melbourne Storm – Most tries in a season (23)
· 2016: Dally M Top Try Scorer (23)
· 2017: NRL – Most tries in first two seasons (46)
· 2017: Dally M Top Try Scorer (23)