U.S. Congress subpoenas two far-right leaders in Capitol attack probe
21 January, 2022, 5:28 am
WASHINGTON, Jan 19 (Reuters) – The congressional committee probing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol issued subpoenas on Wednesday to two far-right leaders who had joined former President Donald Trump’s unsuccessful attempt to overturn his election defeat.
The House of Representatives committee said it believed Nicholas J. Fuentes and Patrick Casey have information about the planning, coordination and funding of events that preceded the attack.
Fuentes and Casey were not immediately reachable for comment.
The committee is aiming to release an interim report in the summer and a final report in the fall, a source familiar with the investigation said last month. On Tuesday, the committee issued subpoenas for three attorneys including pro-Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.