Three-year-old believed to be latest drowning victim
17 June, 2019, 11:57 am
A THREE-YEAR-OLD child is dead after he allegedly drowned in a river at Senai settlement in Seaqaqa over the weekend.
Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the victim was with his grandparent on Saturday evening over the weekend when the tragic incident happened.
Ms Naisoro said the victim was later found lying motionless near a river located near the settlement about 200 meters away from their home.
“An investigation is underway to ascertain the circumstances surrounding his death,” she said.
“The drowning death toll currently stands at 14 compared to 18 for the same period last year.”