‘The Razor’ after rematch against Singh
25 May, 2018, 12:30 pm
BOXER Farzan “The Razor” Ali has broken his silence after he was knocked out by Sebastian Singh in the Canada Fiji Southern Boxing Promotions in Nadi last year.
Singh, who is the son of the famous boxing trainer Gyan Singh, knocked Ali in the first round of the 8×3 minute contest.
Ali said he had his reasons for losing the fight to a much determined Singh.
However, Ali wants a rematch with Singh to prove his dominance in the country.
“I only need one rematch to prove myself,” Ali told this newspaper.
“I did not fight to my best in that match since there are conditions in your life which determine your performance. I was not that “Junior” which people knew for ages. I want a rematch to see how I fight Singh. “There was a domestic problem and my marriage life was not that well during that fight.
“I had to focus somewhere else which prevented me from being my best.” Singh, like a true warrior, accepted Ali’s challenge for a rematch. “I am willing to fight him in a rematch. He gave me an opportunity to fight him so why would not I give him an opportunity as well,” he said.
“We can fight and give the crowd what they deserve.”
Meanwhile, Ali will fight Jese Ravudi in the main supporting bout of the Sea Side Boxing Promotion on July 13 in Nadi.