Tabakaucoro is still the fastest man in the Pacific
22 June, 2022, 11:06 pm
Banuve Tabakaucoro remains the fastest man in the Pacific after winning gold in the men’s 100 meters events at the Pacific Mini Games in Northern Mariana Islands tonight.
The former Marist Brother’s High School champion ran a new season’s best of 10.56s.
It was a bit of a slow start for the seasoned sprinter, playing it safe after a false start and DQ by the PNG sprinter in the lane over. Playing catch up for the first half of the race, Tabakaucoro finally took the lead in the last 55m of the race ahead of Samoa’s Pesamino Iakopo and PNG’s Leroy Kamau.
Meanwhile the following events will be Fiji’s medal prospects for tomorrow.
- Iosefo Rakesa – Men’s Javelin Ambulant Final
- Malakai Kaiwalu – Men’s High Jump Final
- Francis Kaiyava – Men’s High Jump Final
- Yeshnil Karan – Men’s 5000m Final
- Avikash Lal – Men’s 5000m Final
- Samuela Railoa – Men’s 400m Final
- Final of the Men’s 4 x 100m relay.