Stop under-age intake, schools told
8 October, 2019, 1:07 pm
THE Ministry of Education has issued a directive to schools not to enroll any under-age student for the 2020 academic year.
For early childhood, only children born between July 1, 2014, and June 30, 2015, are qualified for the ECE 2020 enrolment.
For Year 1, enrolment is open to any child born after June 2014.
Praveen Singh, the secretary of the Bayly Memorial Primary School, said children who were under-age by five or six days would be denied entry and would have to wait one whole year.
Director primary education Hem Chand said the dates had been finalised and schools were to follow them.
“Even a delay by one day, we have got so many but we will adhere to the policies we have,” Mr Chand said.
“There are so many requests coming to us.
“As far as Year 1 enrolment is concerned, if we enroll under-age students in ECE next year, what will happen to these students in 2021.
“We will have problems and a lot of issues.
“We will stick to the dates we have given so please talk to the parents and talk to them very politely.”