Scholarship to pursue higher education
6 April, 2018, 12:00 am
IT was an exciting moment for nine recipients after they were awarded scholarship by the Fiji Institute of Bankers (FIB) at the Holiday Inn in Suva on Thursday, March 22.
The scholarship is part of FIB’s 2018 scholarship program allowing recipients to further their studies.
FIB president Saud Minam said the recipients entered both tertiary education and the workforce with an expanded set of learning skills thanks to the innovative programs of study they chose to follow.
These are the recipient names
* Ratu Peni Wainiqolo, settlement officer, BRED Bank (Fiji) Ltd — Professional Diploma in Business Management Program at the University of the South Pacific’s Technical and Further Education (TAFE)
* Venina Ranadi Peters, senior bank examiner, Reserve Bank of Fiji certified practising accountants (CPA) Australia — Foundation course with one subject per semester at CPA Australia
* Freddy Lawrence Raj, credit clerk, Bank of Baroda
Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting Program at the University of the South Pacific
* Lois Kristina Lal, senior asset finance officer, ANZ Banking Group Ltd — Master of Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific Ashish Veeran, manager lending support unit, BRED Bank (Fiji) Ltd — continuing student at Fiji National University with major in Accounting and Finance Program Shireen Ashika Singh, clerk, Bank of Baroda Post Graduate Certificate in Financial Administration Program at the University of the South Pacific
* Ravinil Prasad, reconciliation officer, ANZ Banking Group Ltd — Masters in Accounting Program at the Fiji National University
* Payal Priyanka Kumar, loans officer, Bank of Baroda, Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific
* Shujil Savikash Singh, business teller — CSO, BRED Bank (Fiji) Ltd — Bachelor of Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific
The Fiji Institute of Bankers and its affiliates congratulate the above 2018 FIB Scholarship recipients and wishes them all a very successful academic year and all the best for the successful completion of their program.