ROC digital registration begins tomorrow
14 January, 2020, 6:25 pm
THE digital registration process with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) is a free and one-time requirement and will commence from January 15, 2020.
All business names and companies, including foreign companies registered before 14 June 2019, must digitally register with the ROC.
As per the Fijian Government’s commitment to delivering better, faster and more efficient Government services, an online platform for the registration of companies and business names was launched on June 14,2019.
The digital registration initiative, under the Fijian Government’s flagship digital transformation program digitalFiji, is designed to boost convenience for Fijians and improve the accuracy and accessibility of information and lower costs, through the following:
- The registered entity’s information will be available online.
- Online notifications will be sent if there are any pending payments.
- Online searches and applications thereby removing the need for physical presence and lining up to access services.
- The ability to make online payments.
The key objective of the digital registration process is to update the information held with the ROC and to ensure that it is current and correct.
Therefore, amnesty is provided for previous failures to notify the ROC of relevant changes to business or company information.
Digital registration can be done with a simple three-step process.
- Create an e-profile on the digitalFiji mobile application or website (www.digital.gov.fj).
- Using the e-profile, log into the registration portal, click on the digital registration tab and follow the instructions provided to digitally register.
- The ROC will then verify the information provided.
All companies must complete their digital registration applications by July 15, 2020 while all business name holders must complete their digital registration applications by October 15, 2020.
This initiative will significantly reduce transaction times with the ROC and make their services accessible online for all Fijians.
ROC will conduct roadshows and visit rural and maritime areas.
The location and dates for these roadshows will be released soon.