Ready for Farzan
29 October, 2016, 12:00 am
SEBASTIAN Singh has accepted the challenge from Junior Farzan Ali to face off in the ring.
Farzan a former multiple title champion in the country has been after Singh for some time.
After beating New Zealander Daniel Maxwell last week, Singh said he needed to fight the best in Fiji before taking on more overseas opponents.
“Farzan has been calling on me and I have been talking with my management,” Singh said.
“He is no walk in the park. But I want to test myself against the best here before bringing in more opponents from overseas.
“So Farzan is the best and I want to fight him and give the fans what they want and deserve.
“I am accepting his challenge but I can’t make the decision myself and will have a talk with my team.”
Farzan’s record stands at 28 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws while Singh’s record is 7 wins and 2 losses.
Meanwhile the Boxing Commission of Fiji is expected to sanction two more programs in the upcoming months. This is after the success of the King of the Ring Promotions program at Prince Charles Park in Nadi last Saturday.
BCF Western director Usman Ali said the main bout between Sebastian Singh and Daniel Maxwell proved to be a thriller.
“The main bout was a clean one,” Ali said.
“Many thought that there would be a knockout, but it went through to the ten rounds.
“Both boxers displayed the sportsman’s attitude.
“Sebastian is gaining is experienced in all his fights.”
A few bouts were defaulted after boxers failed to turn up at the weigh-in while Krishna Mudaliar pulled out because of contract disagreements.
“This was the second program for the year,” Ali said.
“In the first program there were less bouts. In this program there were more bouts with experienced boxers.
“There is a promoter willing to put on a program in December and another in January.”