Raiwai brawl: Four suspects remain at large
16 August, 2022, 3:09 pm
Four of the nine suspects involved in the Raiwai brawl last Sunday are yet to be arrested.
Fiji’s Commissioner of Police Brigadier-General Sitiveni Qiliho said they had information that one suspect had moved to the Western Division, and a team was in pursuit of his whereabouts.
He reiterated that all efforts were being directed towards the arrest of those involved in the attack.
“Of the nine suspects, five have to date been arrested, two have been charged and will be produced at the Suva Magistrates Court today, while three continue to be questioned,” Brig-Gen Qiliho said.
He has commended the support of members of the public in coming forward with information and witnesses have been forthcoming in assisting the investigation team.
He said the same group of youths was involved in similar incidents in the recent past, and officers had been directed to arrest everyone involved, charged, and produced in court.