PM Bainimarama announces Cabinet reshuffle
22 August, 2021, 1:04 pm
Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama has announced a Cabinet reshuffle that comes into effect on Tuesday, August 24.
Part of the reshuffle:
- Rosy Akbar is now the Minister for Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation
- Premila Kumar is now the Minister for Education, Heritage and Arts; and she will also continue to serve the Minister for Local Government
- The Department of Town and Country Planning, previously under the Ministry of Local Government, has been moved to the Ministry of Commerce, Trade, Tourism, and Transport
- Mr Bainimarama has added the Ministry of Forestry to his existing portfolios; and
- Attorney-General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum will add the Ministry of Housing and Community Development to his existing portfolios.
Mr Bainimarama said the Cabinet reshuffle would strengthen the Government’s commitment to improve the reach and accessibility of its services and deliver on its policies under the 2021-2022 National Budget.