NDMO installs tsunami sirens, live tests today
6 September, 2018, 6:03 am
THE National Disaster Management Office (NDMO) has completed the installation of nine tsunami sirens along the Suva peninsula and will be conducting live tests today from 10 am to 1 pm.
The sirens have an acoustic range of 1.2km.
The NDMO advices members of the public not be alarmed as these are just tests.
The siren testing is also an advantageous way of getting accustomed to the sound which would help enormously in an event of a tsunami threat that warrants evacuation.
The public is further advised to contact the NDMO office on email email@example.com or telephone 3313400 for any issues arising from the siren testing.
The newly installed tsunami sirens are in the following areas:
– Water Authority of Fiji – Kinoya Sewerage Plant
– FINTEL – Vatuwaqa
– RFMF Officers Training School – Vatuwaqa
– My Suva Park
– Government Training Centre – Nasese
– iTaukei Lands Trust Board rooftop- Nasova
– Civic Carpark rooftop – Suva
– Government Shipping Services – Walu Bay
– USP lower campus
– Lami town