More roads closed due to widespread flooding
17 October, 2018, 2:27 pm
MORE roads in the Central Division have been closed due to widespread flooding, the Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) confirms.
In an advisory issued at 1pm today, FRA stated that more roads in the Central Division have been closed due to widespread surface flooding.
Earlier in the morning, about 10 roads were closed to traffic 10 roads closed in the Central Division.
Drivers are being urged to take extra caution, avoid places of known historical flooding or low-lying areas and drive to the conditions.
“Please find alternative routes where possible and take extra caution,” FRA warned.
“We are urging the public to remain vigilant, tune into the local radio and listen to the advice of the emergency services.”
Northern Division Update:
- Daria Bridge on Nabouwalu Road in Natua – Open- drive with care
- Kilaka Bridge on Kubulau Peninsular in Savusavu – Open to single lane only- drive with Care
- Sigawe Crossing on Namuavoivoi Road in Natua- CLOSED
Roads Closed in the Western Division:
- Savusavu Crossing – Closed
- Burelevu Crossing – Closed
- Drana Crossing – Closed
- Barotu Circular Flat – Closed
- Katudrau – Closed
- Narara – 1st Crossing- Closed
The FRA is closely monitoring the situation of the roads in all divisions.