Labasa flooded roads closed indefinitely
5 April, 2018, 6:44 pm
Update: 6:44PM ROADS in various parts of Labasa area will remain closed until further notice.
The Fiji Roads Authority has advised members of the public to find alternative routes where possible and to remain cautious.
The following roads are closed:
– Qawa Crossing at Boubale and Urata in Bulileka. Both roads are inaccessible
– Soasoa Flat on Wainikoro Road in Labasa and Namoli Road from the bridge to Jim’s Service station
– Labasa Town, only Nabouwalu side is accessible to town while Bulileka and Wainikoro side is inaccessible
– Colo crossing on Kawakawavesi in Natua
– Bagasau Crossing in Nakobo
– Savusavu, Bagata Crossing in Savusavu
– Qelemumu Crossing on Qelemumu Road in Labasa
– Vulovi to Soasoa Flat on Wainikoro Road in Labasa
– All Saints Flat at Bulileka in Labasa
– Emly Point in Siberia, Labasa
– Navakuru Crossing on Korotari Road
– Zailav Crossing on Zailav Road in Natua
Members of the public are further advised to take extra care when travelling through Korotari Road, Wasavulu Settlement because they are now open to traffic.
The authority has urged the public to stay off flooded roadways.
Motorists are also advised not to drive into water of unknown depth and current because it can life-threatening.