How to clean your oven
26 January, 2018, 12:00 am
For bakers and pastry chefs, the oven is the baby of the kitchen. Though baking and making sweet treats is all fun and loving, the cleaning up bit is the one not a lot of people like to do. Maintaining the cleanliness of your oven is hygienically important because food residue that spill all over the inside carry germs. The TipHero.com website has tutorials on how to clean your oven to get rid of all the grease and residues.
* Baking soda
* Water- hot and cold in separate bowls.
* A rag
* Spray bottle
* A small bowl
* Remove the oven racks and soak them in the sink with hot water and vinegar.
* Mix a few spoonful of baking soda and water in a bowl to create a paste that can easily be spread on the oven surfaces.
* Spread the paste on the inside of the oven — paste will turn brown. Let the paste sit for overnight (at least 12 hours).
* The next day, take a wet rag and wipe as much baking soda paste as you can.
* Put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the surfaces that still have the baking soda residue, and wipe with a wet rag.
* Wipe the racks and put them back in the oven. Turn oven on to low temperature for about 15 – 20 minutes to let it dry.