Fuel prices increase
13 April, 2018, 1:09 pm
Update: 1:09PM FUEL prices increase across the board while the cost of cooking gas will decrease following the latest review conducted by the Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission.
In a statement issued this morning, the Minister for Industry, Trade, Tourism, Lands and Mineral Resources, Faiyaz Siddiq Koya announced new prices for unleaded petrol, premix, kerosene, diesel and LPG products.
The new fuel prices are:
- Motor Spirit from $2.03 to $2.06 per litre, an increase of 3 cents per litre;
- Kerosene from $1.49 to $1.54 per litre, an increase of 5 cents per litre;
- Diesel from $1.71 to $1.76 per litre, an increase of 5 cents per litre; and
- Premix remains the same at $1.89 per litre, with slight reduction by 0.02% at the wholesale level.
LPG prices are:
- 4.5 kg cylinder from $14.43 to $12.73, a decrease of $1.70;
- 12 kg cylinder from $38.48 to $33.94, a decrease of $4.54;
- Bulk from $2.72 per kg to $2.40 per kg, a decrease of 32 cents; and
- Auto Gas per litre from $1.82 to $1.60, a decrease of 22 cents.
The next fuel and LPG price review takes place July 15, 2018.