FRA: Several roads remain closed
19 October, 2018, 10:04 pm
SEVERAL roads still remain closed in the Western and Central Divisions.
Fiji Roads Authority is requesting members of the public and motorist to proceed with caution in areas that are known for flooding.
The authority has also notified motorists of a slip before Nasavu Village Road on the right hand side on the Sawani-Serea Road.
One lane has been closed in this area as a result.
The FRA has also advised motorists to find alternative routes on roads that are closed.
FRA said the cracks that appeared on Kings Roads just before Nayavu Village in Tailevu had also been sealed and the road was now open to traffic.
The roads that remain closed in the Western Division are:
– Katudrau Crossing on Katudrau Road,
– Burelevu Crossing on Nailuva Road,
– Nausori 1st crossing on Nausori Road,
– Savusavu Crossing on Lawaki Road,
– Navuniyamunu Crossing on Ganilau Road
– Burewai crossing on Nakorotubu Road.
The two areas which are only open to four wheel drives are Navuniyamunu Crossing on Ganilau Road and Burewai crossing on Nakorotubu Road.