FRA completes major road upgrades in Suva
24 September, 2018, 11:35 pm
THE reconstruction of seven roads under the Suva Arterial Road Upgrading Project (SARUP 1) has been completed.
Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) confirmed this in a statement issued earlier today stating that the contract was set up to improve the main arterial roads.
“The new and improved roads have an improved capacity which allows a balanced traffic-flow particularly during peak hours,” the statement said.
“These road works will also help prolong the life of the roads by preventing them from premature deterioration and provide a smooth journey to motorists.”
The contractor for the road reconstructions was the China Railway Fifth Group.
The completed reconstruction road works includes:
· Kings Road – Mead Road roundabout to Kinoya/ Khalsa traffic lights
· McArthur Street
· Nabua/ Mead Road Roundabout – Ratu Mara Road to 50m into Mead Road and Golf Link Road
· Gaji/ Grantham Roundabout – Grantham Road to 50m into Kasanji and Gaji Road
· Ratu Mara Road – Princes Road/ Waimanu Road intersection to Lakeba Street Junction
· Kings Road – Laqere Lights to Makoi Lights
· Edinburgh Drive