FNPF apologises for delay

FNPF CEO Jaoji Koroi during a press conference in Suva. Picture: ABISHEK CHAND/FILE

The Fiji National Provident Fund (FNPF) has apologised for the delays in releasing funds to members who had applied for the Tropical Cyclone Yasa Relief.

Fund chief executive officer, Jaoji Koroi said conducting the inspection of members’ damaged homes in Vanua Levu was not easy and there had been other factors that had contributed to the processing setback.

He assured members that they would receive their funds by the end of the week.

“These issues have been sorted and we are targeting to complete processing the remaining applications this week.”

He said more than 4800 applications were received, 1761 members had received their funds while the remaining applications would be processed and paid by Friday.

The natural disaster withdrawal closes on Saturday, January 16, when the State of Natural Disaster ends.

More Stories