First booking clinics listed in Lami-Suva containment area for expectant mothers
30 July, 2021, 6:30 am
Pregnant women living within the Lami -Nausori containment area who will be attending their first clinic are advised to visit the listed health centres within the containment zone.
The Ministry of Health issued this advisory on antenatal care bookings saying these services commenced on Monday, July 26.
It, however, advised those expectant mothers who had already completed their first booking, including those who had been booked before April to wait at home until they receive a phone call to schedule future appointments.
Below are the health facilities for first booking:
- Samabula Health Centre – Monday – 9am-1pm
- Valelevu Health Centre – Monday 9am-1pm
- RFHAF Clinic – Unit 19, Garden City, Level 1 – Tuesday – 9am-1pm
- Lami Health Centre – Tuesday – 9am-1pm
- Nuffield Health Centre – Wednesday – 9am-1pm
- Valelevu Health Centre – Thursday – 9am-1pm.
The ministry says pregnant women who are yet to be vaccinated can also receive the Moderna vaccine at the clinic.
Expectant mothers are also advised to observe COVID-19 safety protocol measures:
- Do not bring your children, husband or any other family member with you unless required to minimise crowding and reduce the risk of spreading the virus;
- Wear a mask;
- Do not interact with anyone else while waiting for your turn;
- Maintain safe physical distancing of 2 metres from another person while waiting;
- Wash your hands with soap and water or frequently sanitise with alcohol-based rub; and
- Keep your careFIJI application activated on your phone.
Those who have any queries are advised to contact the following mobile numbers: 9988997 / 9988970.