Fire partly damage popular Tavua restaurant

The Tandoori Chicken restaurant in Tavua on fire earlier today. Picture: REPEKA NASIKO

A POPULAR Tavua restaurant was partly damaged today by a fire that allegedly began in the eatery’s kitchen.

Tavua Town Council CEO Prem Naidu confirmed the Tandoori Chicken restaurant fire began at midday and was contained by firefighters.

“According to the staff, it started in the kitchen and luckily it only stayed in the kitchen before firefighters stopped it,” Mr Naidu said.

“There were no injuries and customers and staff was safe when the fire started.”

A report has been submitted to Police and the National Fire Authority.

 

More Stories