Fire destroys farmer’s home; Two children admitted with burns

Police logo: Picture: FILE

TWO children aged 14 and six years sustained burns and are now admitted at the Labasa Hospital after a house fire at Naqere in Savusavu last night.

A 48-year-old farmer lost his home in the blaze, believed to have started by a child playing with matches.

According to Police, the incident occurred after 8pm.

All other occupants of the house were rescued safely.

Police say initial findings indicate the fire could have started from one of the bedrooms where a three-year-old child was allegedly playing with matches.

But it stated that that was subject to investigations and findings of the National Fire Authority.

More Stories