5 October, 2014, 12:00 am
The importance of teachers
1. Attracting qualified people into the teaching
profession, retaining them and providing them with the necessary skills and support is arguably the single most important factor for raising learning
2. Children must have teachers who are trained and motivated, enjoy teaching, can support and identify weak learners and vulnerable children and are backed by a well managed education system.
3. Investing in teachers is key to improving the
quality of education
4. Teachers and students can act as powerful agents for child labour
5. Policy makers must allocate the best teachers where they are most needed, therefore teachers should be provided with incentives to work in remote areas.