29 October, 2016, 12:00 am
Currently employed by the Hong Kong Sports Institute as the head sevens rugby coach overseeing the men’s and women’s sevens rugby programs. This followed a period of seven years as a coach for the Cardiff Blues where I progressed from a position as academy coach into the senior squad developing from a skills and defence coach to attack coach and eventually head coach. Also assistant coach for the Wales U20 squad and head coach of Wales 7s. Professional playing career which lasted 15 years representing, Llanelli, Cardiff, Aberavon, Bristol, Pontypridd and The Newport Gwent Dragons. Also represented Wales 7s in two World Cups and two Commonwealth Games as well as playing in the world series for four seasons.
2013-Present (3 years) HK
* Head rugby sevens coach
* Hong Kong Sports Institute
* Design, implementation and management of a sevens rugby program to facilitate the development of up to 50 male and female, senior and junior players.
* Integration in the HKSI of the program with elite departments of sports science, sports medicine, sports nutrition, sports psychology, athlete and lifestyle management and strength and conditioning.
* 1994 – 1995: Cardiff University/ Prifysgol Caerdydd
* Master of Science (MSc), Transportation and Materials Moving
* 1993 – 1994: University of Oxford
Dip Soc Oxon
* 1990 – 1993: Swansea University
Bachelor of Science (BSc), Economic and Social History, 2:2
* 1983 – 1990: Llanishen High School Cardiff
Any sports. I have always been interested in challenging new sports. Family time.