EVENTS OF FEBRUARY 26
1 March, 2018, 12:00 am
* Pacific Flying School Cessna 172 Aircraft, registration DQFTR, was reported missing around midday.
* Search and rescue operations ongoing since 12.48pm;
* The search and rescue efforts are being led by the Fiji Rescue Coordination Centre and involves Airports Fiji Ltd, Fiji Police Force, the Republic of Fiji Military Forces and its Naval Division;
* Labasa Flight Service declared a local standby emergency phase at 12.20pm;
* Nadi Air Traffic Management declared a Search and Rescue INCERFA (uncertainty) phase at 12.40pm;
* At 12.48pm, the phase was upgraded to the search and rescue DETRESFA (distress) phase;
* The Fiji Rescue Coordination Centre took command of the search and rescue operations from 2.30pm;
* The last location on the Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) for the aircraft record by Air Traffic Control was about six nautical miles south-southwest of Labasa and about one nautical mile west-northwest of Navakuru Village.