Effects of aircondition on the body
3 November, 2017, 12:00 am
I’M sure you’ll all agree that airconditioning can be a lifesaver especially in the humid summer heat.
As we all know airconditions increase comfort levels during hot weather.
However did you know that sudden changes in temperature and humidity affect the respiratory system?
Expert says that airconditions have several health risks which can lead to many health issues.
This week we will look at some negative effects of air conditioning in our health by website www.mostinside.com
1. Weaker immunity — airconditioning creates an artificial change in temperature which is unhealthy for human immunity causing weakening of immune system.
People who frequently switch between extreme temperatures by staying inside home and office and later outside in scorching heat fall sick more frequently for no apparent reason.
2. Feeling constantly fatigued — when temperature of airconditioning is set very low, it causes internal shivering in a person’s body and when that individual works overtime it produces more heat causing constant fatigue which is the most crucial negative health effect of air conditioning.
3. Sinusitis — research revealed that people who spend more than four hours in airconditioning environment are more likely to get diagnosed with sinusitis infections as the chilling cold air tend to harden or dry the mucous gland.
4. Dryness of eyes — air -conditioning environments tend to dry out your eyes causing irritation of eyes, itchiness and tearing of eyes as the liquid of eyes get dry easily due to the cold temperature.
Redness and swelling can also be caused due to over exposure to cold temperature.
5. Viral infections — another quite common negative health effect of air- conditioning is getting viral infection which is ultimately due to weaker immunity.
Airconditioning is a process in which there is no fresh air circulation rather the old air gets circulated over and over again transmitting bacteria and viruses of cold, flu from one individual to another.
6. Breathing problem- when the airconditioners are not cleaned properly and frequently and the filters are changed; all kinds of bacteria and fungi breed in the air conditioning machines are created.
This is caused because of buildup of moisture in the coils and ducts of condensation that forms while the cool air passes through.
7. Skin dryness —cold air environments can be a sole reason behind your dry skin when you get back to home.
Cold air produced by the airconditioners significantly dry out your skin cells by damaging and creating fine lines making your skin rough and dull.