Driver expected to be charged for dangerous driving
29 October, 2018, 12:30 pm
THE Nasese bus driver who was involved in an accident on Friday night last week is expected to appear in court.
Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the driver has been interviewed for dangerous driving and released and the filing of charges and summons will be done at the Nasinu Magistrates Court today.
We had earlier reported that nine passengers were injured in the accident.
Ms Naisoro said at 11pm last night at the Kinoya traffic light, the 23-year-old bus driver was heading towards Nausori from Suva when it collided with another vehicle heading towards Khalsa Road.
She said there were nine passengers in the bus and as a result of the accident the bus tumbled.
“All nine passengers received injuries and were conveyed to Valelevu Health Centre for treatment,” Ms Naisoro said.