COVID-19: Telecom customers to receive double data
31 March, 2020, 11:50 pm
TELECOM Fiji residential and business customers will receive double data from tomorrow as part of the telecommunication service provider’s COVID-19 relief package.
All remote customers will instead receive free calls to all Telecom numbers and designated helpline numbers (including Vodafone and Digicel helpline numbers) from all maritime and remote communities, schools and government stations using satellite services, including customers in Rotuma.
Telecom chief executive Charles Goundar said in light of the present global COVID-19 pandemic and as part of its pandemic management and response plan, the company was ensuring that its customers stayed connected and all Telecom services and infrastructure remained operational.
The relief packages are as follows:
• For Residential customers (next 3 months)
• Double data on all post-pay broadband plans includes ADSL, VDSL, Fibre and 4G. For example, a Connect Xcite customer paying $39 per month will now get additional 150GB totaling 300GB per month
• Free 5GB data per month for all prepay customers. For additional recharge for any denomination, customers get double data
• Waiver of reconnection fees for all broadband customers
• Free unlimited internet access at all Connect Wi-Fi hot spots nationwide
• All landline customers who already have 1GB complimentary data will now receive 5GB
• Free 200 minutes on-net calling for landline customers to all Telecom Fiji numbers and 10 cents a minute for off-net calls including mobile and most frequently called international destinations (Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, India, France, Germany)
• For Business customers (for next 3 months)
• Double data on all broadband plans includes ADSL, VDSL, Fibre and 4G.
• Telecom is already in discussions with customers in the hotel industry and tourism sector to offer flexible payment arrangements on a case by case basis
• To facilitate and support staff working from home, Telecom will offer 30% additional bandwidth at no extra cost for our enterprise customers
• Reconnection fees will be waived for all post-pay voice and data customers
• For business customers going into work from home mode for their employees, Telecom will offer 60 days free access to WebEx enterprise web conferencing and collaboration platform
• Free 6 months access to Microsoft Teams for all enterprise customers
• Telecom will look at a work from home package for enterprises and their staff on a case by case basis to customize plans for individual businesses