COVID-19: Suva-Nausori lockdown zone reverts to two separate containment areas
3 May, 2021, 1:21 pm
The Suva-Nausori Lockdown Zone has reverted into two separate containment areas – Suva Containment Area and Nausori Containment Area – from 4am today.
Here are the rules for the containment area:
– curfew hours will be from 11pm until 4 am
– supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and other essential businesses as identified by the ministry may operate
– everyone should stay home unless they have an essential reason to leave
– you should not mix with anyone who doesn’t share your home with you
– no sports of any kind should be played
– places of worship will remain closed
– save for small funeral ceremonies, no non-work gatherings of any size should take place. In fact, you should not come within 2m of anyone if you can help it
– anywhere you go outside of your home, you should have on a mask or face covering
– wash your hands well and often. Use sanitiser when you see it
– businesses that are not on the list of essential services should not open
– you should not share takis, bilos or cigarettes. Any person-to-person interaction – even a maskless conversation can put you at-risk
– and please download careFIJI, and keep your bluetooth switched on when you are in public spaces. This does not chew battery or data.