COVID-19: Supplementary programs for students on break
4 April, 2020, 3:31 pm
The Education Ministry has advised students, teachers and parents that a set of planned supplementary programs will be shared through the Schools Broadcasting Unit and Fijian Broadcasting Corporation from Monday, next week.
According to the ministry, the daily programs will be aired weekdays on the Fijian Broadcasting Corporations RF One and RF Two radio stations from April 6, 2020.
The ministry will also continue to upload supplementary worksheets and learning programs on the official website and social media page.
Education Minister Rosy Akbar has urged students to take advantage of this initiative and keep themselves engaged.
Parents have been requested to ensure children stay tuned to the respective broadcasting stations as per the schedule and continue learning from the comforts of their home.
Monday to Friday
- 7.00pm – 8.00pm RF One Vosa Vaka Viti Program
- 7.00pm – 8.00pm RF Two Hindi Program
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday RF One
- 10.30am-10.45am Literacy Years 1-4
- 10.50am-11.05am Early Childhood
- 11.00am-11.25am Numeracy Years 1-4
- 11.30am-11.45am Literacy Years 5-8
- 11.50am-12.00pm Numeracy Years 5-8 (Thursday only)
Transmission Frequency for Radio Fiji One and Radio Fiji Two
- 93.2 FM/105.2 – Tavua
- 93.4 FM/105.4 – Rakiraki
- 92.8 FM/104.8 – Sigatoka-Coral Coast/Ba
- 93.0 FM/105.0 – Suva/Deuba /Lautoka/Nadi/Yasawa/Northern Division/Rotuma/Korovou /Nausori
- 558khz/AM – Central & Eastern Division