COVID-19 Fiji: Government announces another rollout of $50 cash assistance
29 June, 2021, 4:00 pm
Fiji’s Ministry of Economy has again announced another rollout of the $50 cash assistance to individuals aged 18 years old and over affected by the COVID-19 pandemic on Viti Levu.
Applications for this assistance open at 9am on Wednesday, June 30, and will close at 5pm on Friday, July 2.
The ministry states that affected individuals can apply by dialling *161# and provide the following information:
- Full name
- Birth registration number
- Date of birth
- Voter identification number
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- FNPF number; and
- Home Address.
According to the ministry, those individuals whose employment income is unaffected and those that receive other forms of Government assistance are not eligible for this initiative.
These individuals include:
- All civil servants
- All individuals in the formal sector whose employment income has not been affected and FNPF contributions therefore have been normal in the last 3 months
- All those individuals that received unemployment assistance through the Fijian Government and FNPF under Phase 2, Phase 3 and lockdown assistance
- All those on FNPF pension scheme
- All students on Tertiary Education Loan Scheme and Toppers scholarship receiving normal allowances
- All Social welfare recipients; and
- All individuals below the age of 18 years.
The estimated processing time for applications is five (5) working days from the closing date, subject to correct and complete information provided by individuals at the time of submission.
Individuals will be provided funds in their MPAiSA or MyCASH wallets and recipients will be able to withdraw cash or purchase items from registered MPAiSA and MyCash outlets.
Fijians are requested to use those funds wisely to buy groceries and other essential items.