Contact tracing teams monitor Fijians
4 April, 2020, 9:00 pm
THE Ministry of Health says contact tracing teams are monitoring Fijians who had been in contact with the recently confirmed COVID-19 cases and a third individual who travelled on flight FJ360 on March 22.
The Health Ministry said the third individual was identified as a person of interest for having a travel history to India and Singapore.
In a statement yesterday, the ministry urged all passengers who travelled on the same flight as the person of interest to refrain from call ing the COVID-19 helpline and urgently observe a 14-day self-quarantine period instead.
“The Fijian Ministry of Health and Medical Services is advising passengers who travelled on FJ360 from Singapore to Nadi on Sunday, 22 March that they are not required to call the toll-free COVID-19 helpline to register their details,” the MOH stated.
“Social media posts requesting passengers to call the helpline were not issued norendorsed by the ministry.”
The MOH also assured passengers their contact information was with the ministry and they would be visited by
the Quarantine Enforcement
“If any FJ360 passenger is experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19, only then are they required to call 158 for assis
The ministry has also called on all Fijians to follow protocols for personal protection from catching and spreading
COVID-19 and also observe the lockdowns and curfews.
Members of the public can call 158 for all COVID-19 related queries and concerns. The helpline is open 24 hours, seven days a week for the duration of the COVID-19 response.