Consumers to pay less for fuel and LPG
30 October, 2020, 2:20 pm
Consumers can expect a decrease in retail fuel and liquefied petroleum gas prices from this Sunday, November 1, 2020.
This was confirmed by the Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission in a statement today.
The new prices are as follows:
Retail fuel prices:
- Motor Spirit from $1.98 to $1.92 a litre, a decrease of $0.06 cents a litre;
- Premix from $1.61 to $1.55 a litre, a decrease of $0.06 cents a litre;
- Kerosene from $1.05 to $1.00 a litre, a decrease of $0.05 cents a litre; and
- Diesel from $1.63 to $1.54 a litre, a decrease of $0.09 cents a litre.
Retail LPG prices:
- 4.5kg Cylinder from $11.66 to $11.49, a decrease of 17 cents per 4.5kg Cylinder;
- 12kg Cylinder from $31.09 to $30.63, a decrease of 46 cents per 12kg Cylinder;
- 13kg Cylinder from $33.69 to $33.18, a decrease of 51 cents per 13kg Cylinder;
- Bulk Gas from $2.15 to $2.14, a decrease of 1 cent per kg; and
- Autogas price remains the same as $1.44 per litre.
The FCCC stated the fuel and LPG price review implemented by FCCC followed a one-month lag period, as such the November 2020 fuel and LPG regulated prices were based on the importations made in September 2020 by fuel and LPG companies in Fiji.
The FCCC will conduct the next fuel and LPG price review on December 1, 2020.