Businessman claims $300k loss in fire


A Lautoka businessman claims he lost more than $300,000 in property and stock after a fire destroyed his two-flat house and a spare part outlet on Saturday night.

Raben Bhan Singh of Singh’s Rental said he had no insurance on the property.

“A caretaker stayed in this building and he was alone at home when the fire started after 6pm,” said Mr Singh.

“The two flats have been destroyed and the spare part area had some vehicles in it that have also been destroyed.”

Firefighters from the National Fire Authority managed to stop the fire from spreading to the vehicles which were parked in the yard.

Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained as investigations continued.

More Stories