ANZ Pacific introduces mobile app; Bank moves towards paperless ops
25 May, 2018, 7:00 pm
WITH a strong focus on moving towards cashless and paperless operations, Fiji’s largest locally-based bank ANZ is strengthening its online transactions platform – now with its innovative mobile banking app.
The blue bank introduced its new ANZ Pacific app in Fiji last year harnessing the growth of the high local smartphone penetration and internet connections.
It has been installed and downloaded by more than 5000 users so far.
While ANZ is yet to fully roll out the app in the Pacific, its in-house digital and projects team based in Fiji had been hard at work ensuring a seamless customer experience for users.
Today, the bank gave an exclusive preview on the latest features that is available on the ANZ Pacific app.
Presenting a live demo on how to use the app, ANZ Fiji country head Saud Minam said as part of their digital strategy, they had converted a lot of customer transactions online meaning more end to end transactions through digital platforms.
“Our view is that everyone and anyone that is using mobile smart phones, they are the ones that are on the social networks,” Mr Minam said.
“This allows everyone and anyone to use the app and can be downloaded for free.
“We aim to become paperless and cashless within two to three years’ time.”
The ANZ Pacific app allows users to perform day-to-day banking with the following features:
• checking your balances and transactions;
• transferring money between your accounts;
• paying bills (from a list of ANZ registered billers);
• personalise your accounts with an image of your choice;
• view all of your personal account balances in one list, including foreign currency accounts;
• view the last-statement balance of your credit card, and recent transactions since your statement;
• transfer money between your own accounts;
• transfer money to another local ANZ account;
• view last log in details and your online activity history;
• personalise your accounts with your own images; and
• access ANZ resources including Contact Us, Currency Rates and Loan Calculator.