2018 General Elections: Voter services centre open nationwide
11 October, 2018, 12:45 pm
ALL Voter Services Centres operations around the country will resume today, October 11, 2018, until the day before the 2018 General Elections.
Supervisor of Elections Mohammed Saneem said voters who may have lost their card could still obtain replacement cards.
“While registration of new voters has closed, persons who are already registered can request replacement voter cards from October 11, 2018, right up to the day before election,” Mr Saneem said.
Voters also cannot change their details and polling venues because these services ceased on October 1, 2018, when the Writ for the General Elections was issued.
Voter Services Centres in Suva, Nausori, Labasa, Savusavu, Rakiraki, Lautoka and Nadi will remain open.
Voter services will also be provided at the following locations:
· Sigatoka – Provincial Administrator’s Office, Talenavuruvuru;
· Taveuni – Somosomo Provincial Office, Somosomo Village;
· Nabouwalu – MSAAF Building, Hospital Road;
· Seaqaqa – District Office;
· Tavua – District Office, Nasivi Street;
· Navua – Provincial Administrator’s Office, Ro Matanitobua House;
· Ba – District Office, Koronubu House;
· Keiyasi – District Office, Navatumali Government Station;
· Korovou – Ground Floor, Waimaro Building;
· Levuka – Provincial Administrator’s Office;
· Kadavu – Provincial Administrator’s Office;
· Vunidawa – Agriculture Building, Vunidawa Government Station.
“Voters need to be able to get their voter cards replaced right up until election day and thus the need to resume services,” Mr Saneem said.
“Voters can also text their voter number to 1500 and find out their polling venues and polling stations so they do not turn up at the wrong venue or station come election day.”