2018 General Elections: SODELPA launches manifesto
20 October, 2018, 2:33 pm
THE Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) today launched its 2018 Manifesto for the 2018 General Elections.
Party leader Sitiveni Rabuka said their manifesto consisted of aspirations for now and the future.
“The manifesto is the binding into the book of the words that represents our dreams, our aspirations and our will for our country,” Mr Rabuka said.
He also acknowleged the space made available to them to be able to host their launch.
“We thank the owners of this hall for allowing us, at this time so many are hesistant in making available their facilities for political gatherings of the opposition political parties,” he said.
Some key policy initiatives:
– Sustainable and equitable distribution of economic growth;
– Reduce debt to 40 per cent of Gross Domestic Product;
– Balanced budget, stable taxation system; and
– Partnership with the private sector.
* More on this story in tomorrow’s edition of The Fiji Times.