Today’s order paper
16 March, 2018, 12:00 am
* Ashneel Sudhakar to ask the Attorney-General and Minister for Economy, Public Enterprises, Civil Service and Communications to elaborate on the progress of the construction of the eCenter cable landing station in Savusavu and the benefits for Vanua Levu.
* Aseri Radrodro to ask the Acting Minister for Local Government, Housing and Environment, Infrastructure and Transport to update the House how the Fiji Roads Authority is working to ease or reduce traffic jams every day because of continuing roadworks.
* Mataiasi Niumataiwalu to ask the Minister for Industry, Trade, Tourism, Lands and Mineral Resources to inform the House on the possible economic benefits of the Wairabetia Economic Zone to the Western Division.
* Ro Kiniviliame Kiliraki to ask the Acting Minister for Local Government, Housing and Environment, Infrastructure and Transport to inform the House whether or not he is aware of the smoke emission from a steel mill at Lakena, Nausori, which is causing disturbance and is prone to cause health hazard to the people in the area. If yes, what action has been taken to remedy the matter.
* Alvick Maharaj to ask the Minister for Agriculture, Rural and Maritime Development, and Disaster Management and Meteorological Service to inform the House on the current status of the ministry’s BTECH program in minimising and managing the impact of bovine tuberculosis and brucellosis.
* Ro Teimumu Kepa to ask the Acting Minister for Local Government, Housing and Environment, Infrastructure and Transport — Recent upgrade by some municipal councils have not provided proper access for people with disabilities, how can the minister make these areas, like the Nausori Market and bus stand, more disability friendly.
* Dr Brij Lal to ask the Minister for Waterways -— Can the minister inform the House about the progress on the $2 million grant for infield drainage for sugarcane farms.
* Salote Radrodro to ask the Acting Minister for Local Government, Housing and Environment, Infrastructure and Transport — Can the minister update the House on the progress of the new town development in Nabouwalu with a current $5.6m allocation in the 2017-2018 budget.