Fiji Time: 10:55 PM on Saturday 17 March

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / Archives » Article Index

Champion bowler prepares for fifth games

Pravin Narain
Thursday, March 01, 2018

BOWLER Litia Tikoisuva is in top shape for her fifth Commonwealth Games which will be held in Gold Coast, Australia in April.

Tikoisuva, 55, partnered Loretta Kotoisuva and Radhika Prasad last weekend to win the Kontiki Finance National Triples competition at Suva Bowling Club greens.

"We are concentrating on our metal skills for the Commonwealth Games and we are working with people who are helping us on the mental toughness," Tikoisuva said.

"In lawn bowls it is about 80 per cent mental preparation and the other 20 per cent is about your skills which we all have in the team. It is going to be a different environment in terms of the speed of the green because Fiji greens are very slow and greens in Australia would be running very fast."

Tikoisuva had been playing bowls for a number of years and represented Fiji in four Commonwealth Games and it would her fifth appearance at the esteemed competition.

"I competed in my first Commonwealth Games in 1998 and since then I took part in the four Commonwealth Games."

The trio along with Sheral Mar and Doreen O'Connor will fly Fiji's flag at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Code Inward TTs Outward TTs
CAD 0.65100.6320
JPY 53.691350.6913
GBP 0.35690.3489
EUR 0.40560.3936
NZD 0.69210.6591
AUD 0.64290.6179
USD 0.50070.4837



Exchange Rate updated on 16th, March, 2018

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. 'Forced to go'
  2. Man released on strict bail
  3. Speaker orders Nawaikula to withdraw accusation
  4. Former inmates raise concerns
  5. Accommodation woes
  6. A-G clarifies ownership
  7. Seaweed farming costly for women
  8. State to upgrade aging infrastructure
  9. Solar energy project
  10. Motion to review Act defeated

Top Stories this Week

  1. Sims' 100th game Thursday (15 Mar)
  2. Cessna heroes Monday (12 Mar)
  3. Picking up the pieces Tuesday (13 Mar)
  4. Men urged to marry Thursday (15 Mar)
  5. 'Forced to go' Saturday (17 Mar)
  6. Man to appear in high court for wife's death Monday (12 Mar)
  7. A star in the making Thursday (15 Mar)
  8. The faith Monday (12 Mar)
  9. Baravilala's ode to Cessna victims Thursday (15 Mar)
  10. 7s hunt Tuesday (13 Mar)