Fiji Time: 1:56 PM on Monday 26 February

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / Archives » Article Index

Fareed: Stocks on SPSE undervalued

Manasa Kalouniviti
Tuesday, January 30, 2018

IN its first Stock Market Awareness Column for 2018 the South Pacific Stock Exchange (SPSE) said they recorded impressive market returns in 2017.

The SPSE said the overall growth of Fiji's capital market in 2017 averaged at 23.8 per cent while the average dividend yield recorded was 3.8 per cent which together gave rise to an average total market return of 27.6 per cent.

The SPSE also obtained views from listed company executives and Fijian Holdings Ltd (FHL) Group CEO Nouzab Fareed also gave his thoughts on the 2017 stock market performance in terms of returns.

Mr Fareed said stocks listed on SPSE still appeared to be undervalued and during 2017, investors took advantage of the rising share prices and with the current investor sentiments; this process was likely to continue in the near future.

He said share prices would continue to rise in the absence of adequate shares available for sale.

"Even though liquidity was still low, stocks were available at the right prices for the investors."








Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Westpac
Code Inward TTs Outward TTs
CAD 0.63200.6130
JPY 54.077951.0779
GBP 0.35650.3485
EUR 0.40700.3950
NZD 0.69240.6594
AUD 0.64120.6162
USD 0.50160.4846

from

$0.00

Exchange Rate updated on 26th, February, 2018

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Family mourns loss
  2. Query over poll results
  3. The origins of the Nasukamai people
  4. 1 week to solve issues
  5. Report to determine next course of action
  6. CCTV cameras for town
  7. Heavy rain and flash flooding alert
  8. PM praises China support
  9. More staff members for health centre
  10. FLOTSAM AND JETSAM

Top Stories this Week

  1. Wheels for ex-PMs Thursday (22 Feb)
  2. Police brutality claims Thursday (22 Feb)
  3. Tears flow for eleven Wednesday (21 Feb)
  4. Threat claims by group Saturday (24 Feb)
  5. That fateful night Friday (23 Feb)
  6. Choices for PM Saturday (24 Feb)
  7. 'I won't stand down' Friday (23 Feb)
  8. 200 vehicles from China Thursday (22 Feb)
  9. Living in fear Tuesday (20 Feb)
  10. Ministers and public transport Thursday (22 Feb)