THE Moto bridge in Ba has reopened, bringing relief to about 10,000 residents living in nearby villages and settlements.
Divisional roads engineer western Munsami Naidu said the bridge had been a relief for residents.
"When we opened it on Thursday a lot of the people were crying and very grateful that the bridge has been re-opened," he said.
The bridge which was re-opened by Commissioner Western Commander Joeli Cawaki is now open to all traffic.
Mr Naidu said the bridge was even better than the last bridge which was swept away by heavy currents in the January floods.
"It's very strong and durable and would be able to sustain strong currents," he said. He said works on other affected areas in the Western Division were continuing.
He said the main priority was to clear silt and debris from blocked-off exits.
"Right now we are working on Nasesevia area in the interior of Nadi and Balenabelo in Sigatoka.
"There were some landslides in these areas and so we are working to clear out the soil." Mr Naidu said about 95 per cent of the first phase of the rehabilitation works was almost complete.