DURING POWER OUTAGES:
1. Be careful with the placement of candles and mosquito coils ù place them on a saucer or tin plate and away from flammable items such as papers, curtains, overhanging beddings or clothes.
2. Watch out for the prayer diya ù lit prayer diya should always be placed well away from curtains or any flammable material. Try placing it on a saucer or tin plate and put out the flame when no longer in use.
3. Keep matches, lighters and other ignition sources out of children's reach.
4. Never leave children unsupervised ù parents and guardians should always pay more attention to younger children at home.
5. Don't leave your cooking unattended ù cooks should stay in the kitchen while the food is being cooked and ensure that fires are put out completely before leaving the kitchen area.
6. Ensure that every ember is put out completely before leaving the fire place as firewood embers have caused house fires in the past.